The Uhinak Marine Research Unit Congress will host a marine conference from 6 to 7 March 2018 in Irun (Gipuzkoa) in the city of Donostia-San Sebastián/ Bayonne. The aim of Uhinak is to get to know the needs of agents facing climate change and to find out the scientific contributions to meet those needs. In order to achieve that objective, Uhinak sets out a multidisciplinary approach that brings together the different stakeholders: scientists, technicians, and administrations.
The conference is aimed at businesses, institutions and organisations in general, that act and see opportunities regarding the impact of climate change on the coast.
Some of the objectives of the conference include the following:
- Become acquainted with actions and solutions that entail adopting the measures needed to defend and protect the coast to tackle the consequences of climate change.
- Bring together public administration, scientists and international experts with sector companies, to debate necessary interventions.
- Learn from experiences and best practice and collaborate in coastal management and maintenance.
- Promote cross-border collaboration and the creation of synergies.
- Accept public opinion and disclose the activities of public administrations, in the light of concern about rough weather.
- Recognise new business openings in the sector.