The theme of this conference will be "Coastal Reservoirs and Sustainable Water Management: Moving from Water Shortage to Water Security".
Coastal reservoirs could provide a solution to the water problems of many coastal cities, but their successful development faces various challenges. These challenges require close cooperation between scientists, engineers, water resources managers and policy makers. In this regard, the conference will provide a forum bringing together participants from academia, consulting firms, local, provincial and national government agencies, and offering them an opportunity to interact in an informal and relaxed environment. The conference will provide students an opportunity to discuss with renowned and well-established researchers and professionals in this field.
The conference will focus on the topics.
- Coastal infrastructures, climate change
- Sustainable water management, water security
- Ecological impacts, water quality, sediment transport
- River, Estuarine and Reservoir processes
- Water-energy-food nexus, water policy